The Mary Ward Primary Health Care Clinic is the newest of the core programs at Loreto Rumbek
At the clinic, we provide
- Basic health education and nutrition support
- Water, sanitation and hygiene education
- Maternal and well-baby care
- Identification, referral and provision of childhood immunizations
- Control and treatment of communicable diseases
- Identification and referral of clients for appropriate health management
- Provision of essential drugs and supplies to those with minor illnesses and conditions
- Psychosocial support and counselling
Our hope is to continue providing access to quality healthcare and supportive services for those living at the margins
What we Provide
A comprehensive approach to providing basic essential health care to the entire school community.
The Loreto Primary Health Care Unit
has an average of 3,500 consultations per month.
In a community that continues to suffer persistent trauma, the LPHCU continues to play a key role in trauma healing through identification of such cases, facilitating care and networking with other organizations that provide services such as workshops to all the clients identified as needing such services.
In a recent survey it was discovered that many of the students had experienced various forms of trauma mostly psychological.
One on one debriefing meetings with staff have proved to be quite therapeutic.
The LPHCU continues to provide a safe place and space for the students to share and express themselves.
Making a difference
Over the school breaks, small group sessions are held for secondary students based on the Trauma Healing Institute model.
The positive results of such sessions are quite evident and encouraging as more and more continue to offer and avail themselves for such sessions.
You can help us keep this vital service going
Support our health care service
Mary Ward Primary Health Care Clinic continues to provide vital access to quality healthcare and support - find out how you can help us keep this service going.